White Chocolate Chip-Craisin Cookies

After Katie's success at making up her own cookie recipe, I decided that I wanted to give it a try. I knew I wanted to make a white chocolate chip-craisin cookie, so I looked at recipes on the 'net. Most seemed to have a regular chocolate chip cookie dough, and many had walnuts in them. I envisioned something more white and fruity, so I changed the recipes around a little, adding white corn syrup instead of dark brown sugar. I switched the nuts to slivered almonds. Here is the recipe of my results. It makes a sticky dough that is easier scooped out with a greased spoon.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup white corn syrup
2 eggs
1 Tabspoon vanilla
3 flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Craisins
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup slivered almonds



Preheat oven to 350 degree oven. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream together butter, sugar and corn syrup until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture. Stir until almost incorporated. Add craisins, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix until everything is just together. Roll into heaping Tablespoon full and bake about 11 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment