Automatic Dishwasher Powder

I found this recipe from Stephanie and thought that I would give it a try. I find that this works at least as well as the regular cleansers you can buy at the store, and better than the natural ones. The tricky ingredient is citric acid which can be bought easier in the cities, but not in the rural area I live. I bought mine on the 'net in large quantities to make the most of my shipping charges.

In a plastic container with a snug-fitting lid, mix:
1 cup baking soda
1 cup borax
1/3 cup salt
1/3 cup citric acid
30 drops essential oil of your choice: (lemon, grapefruit, tangerine are really good choices)

Fill your compartments with the powder. You will need to rinse your dishes well before loading as it does not contain food disolving chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment