source: Betty Crocker
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix or your favorite recipe for sugar cookies, just the dry ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3cup water
- 10-12 drops red food color, optional
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, chips and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in melted chips until blended. Spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate while making topping.
In small bowl, crush 1 cup of the strawberries. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in crushed strawberries and 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in food color. Cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in remaining 3 cups strawberries. Spoon topping over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set; serve within 4 hours. Store covered in refrigerator.
Source: Betty Crocker