- 1/2 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks (I used red potatoes)
- 1 large (or two small) leeks, chopped
- ½ cup half and half (cream or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8; teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8; teaspoon mace or nutmeg
Place cabbage, potatoes and leeks into a large pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to mash. Drain. Add milk and butter and mash until desired consistency. Add spices and stir thoroughly.
- Adapted from the recipe here.