A Pot of Hot Cocoa

My kids love hot cocoa when they come in cold from making snowmen in the wintertime, but they also love it in the summer. They come in from the pool and into the air conditioning and they begin to complain of being cold. I think I am just a sucker and they have just figured out a way to get hot cocoa in the summertime, but I pretend I don't know. Here is how to make it homemade for a crowd.

3 cups boiling water
1 cup of evaporated milk, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tea. vanilla
1/8 tea. salt

Combine sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt in teapot. Add about 1/8 cup boiling water. Stir well; until ingredients have blended. Add the rest of the water (2 7/8 cups) and milk. Stir.

2 comments:

  1. you know, I've never made hot cocoa from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! look at all of your recipes!! I've hit the jackpot..oh yeah

    ReplyDelete