Brenda's Easy Barbecue

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. She brought it to family pot luck dinners when I was a child and I begged her for the recipe when I was older. I have since found the recipe in a 1967 Good Housekeeping Collection, so perhaps she got it from there. I was so surprised when I found out it's ingredients because it tastes nothing like what you'd expect from the ingredients!
1 can corned beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
Oil for frying
1 cup Ketchup
1 Tab. lemon juice
3 Tab Worcestershire Sauce


In the oil, cook onion and celery until the celery is clear. Add Ketchup, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add Corned Beef, breaking it into small pieces. Simmer for another 20 minutes. Serve on buns. My daughter eats this just in a bowl or you can buy or make gluten-free buns to make this a gluten-free dish.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so easy and kid-friendly!

    So I started to scroll down your list of what you wanted to try...oh my goodness! My kids started gathering around and we were all going oooh...aaaah!

    Thanks for linking up. You were the first and it looks as though it works! Keep checking back and hopefully there will be recipes up there.

    ReplyDelete