- Beans and Rice
- Seasoned Pinto Beans with Mexican Rice. Serve with a variety of toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced black olives, homemade salsa or pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, and chips.
- Pasta, serve with vegetable sides such as broccoli, green beans or a salad and garlic bread.
- serve with red sauce and meatballs
- serve with red sauce and Chicken Parmesan
- Simply toss pasta with olive oil, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Chicken with Mashed Potatoes (you can make in advance and freeze), Gravy and vegetables
- roast in oven (crispy skin)
- cook in crockpot (tender)
- Salads: Good dressing will either make or break your salad.
- Add Grilled Chicken or beef strips to make it a dinner salad.
- Chef Salad with lunchmeat and cheese strips and hard-boiled eggs.
- Leftovers Soup: Good bread makes any soup meal taste better.
- Chicken Soup: Chicken Noodle Soup is a great follow-up after a night of baked chicken. Bake a few extra breasts and save the drippings. Any cooked vegetables leftover can be added as well. Or, leftover gravy, vegetables, meat, and even mashed potatoes can be combined with chicken broth and additional seasonings.
- Chili Bean Soup – only one or two portions of chili left? Add a quart of broth and a can of corn and simmer together. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and grated cheese. Or, Bean and Rice Soup
- Corn Chowder – leftover gravy, corn, and mashed potatoes? Combine the potatoes and gravy with chicken broth with a whisk. Stir in corn and simmer until hot. Season with salt and pepper at the end.
- Beef Stroganoff soup – leftover beef stew? Thin with beef broth and bring to almost a boil. Stir in egg noodles. Cook until noodles are tender. Add a little cream or milk at the end.
- Leftover Red Sauce can be used to make Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup- combine leftover roast chicken, vegetables and salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
5 Frugal Meals
Labels: Frugal Recipes
I Love Comments...
Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.