2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half (Fat free is okay)
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes or two tablespoons sundried tomato paste, optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown or burnt.
- Add tomato soup, milk, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. Mine take about 8 minutes.
- After noodles are cooked, ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.
source: Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen