- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
- 1 pound Penne Pasta
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the garbanzo beans, stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, Italian seasoning, salt, chili pepper and paprika. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of oiling, salted water, until barely tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
Top with cilantro and feta, if you like, and serve immediately.