Southwestern Summer Salad

recipe and photo from Skip to My Lou
We make this salad, which is supposed to be layered (it is beautiful that way) into a salad bar, to satisfy picky eaters who say, "But I don't like this," while pointing to some part of the salad.

1 head of lettuce (iceberg, romaine or your favorite), chopped
1-2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups frozen corn, thawed (I cook it in the microwave for about 2 minutes.)
1 bell pepper (yellow, red or green), chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips


Southwestern Salad Dressing
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup your favorite salsa

Mix together sour cream, ranch salad dressing and salsa. Set aside.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! If it ends up looking anything like that Skip to my Lou picture its truly amazing. Plus I'm a big fan of layered salads for picky eaters!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog