Asparagus-Cannellini Bean Salad

recipe adapted from Hide the Cheese
1 bunch of asparagus
1 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper

Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus, and rinse and then steam them for 5 minutes. Meanwhile drain and rinse the cannellini beans with cold water in a colander. Leave to drain while you make the dressing.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
When the asparagus is done, dump on top of the cannellini beans and rinse with cold water to cool them down. Put them both into the bowl with the dressing and toss.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. I'm going to have to try this my only problem is that my asparagis never comes out great but but I have been getting a lot of cilantro in my csa and this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog