Easy as Pie Powdered Laundry Detergent

Each batch yields approximately 32 ounces (between 32-64 loads)

1 bar soap (Ivory, Fels-Naptha or whatever you like)
1 cup of borax
1 cup of washing soda (You can use baking soda instead, but it does not work quite as well.)

Grate the bar of soap with a cheese grater. (Or, for an easy and fun for the kids way of doing this, try heating it in the microwave and then crumbling it with your fingers.) Mix in the borax and soda and thoroughly stir for 5 minutes. Store in an air-tight container. Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load depending on the size of your load and how soiled the clothes are.

4 comments:

  1. I use this it's great. Although I still have to pretreat my stains I wouldn't go back to store bought bubbly detergents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I am a huge reader and am so excited to see them developing the same love for books. I'm so happy to have found your blog - I've always thought of making my own laundry detergent but don't know where to find washing soda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I DO like this one better. Easier to store for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so hungry reading this blog! BLT Salad, Blueberry Cobbler Bars. Good Gravy Girl!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog