Sweet Potato Soup

We had this most wonderful soup from This Little Kitchen tonight with fresh baked bread and leftover ham. I tweaked it by substituting vegetable broth for chicken broth for my vegetarian husband. Oh, so good!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 garlic chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger (or use fresh ginger)
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
32 oz vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
3 sweet potatoes boiled and mashed

In a pot heat oil then add onions cook for 1-2 minutes then add garlic. When onions are clear and garlic is soft stir in ginger and curry powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and warm soup up to your liking.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I "re-gifted" you a blog award over here, plus another! I consider your cooking style very verstile, not to mention the fact that you are juggling multiple blogs for your homeschool! Very versatile and stylish!

    You can find the post at: http://blessing-farm.blogspot.com/2011/01/two-blog-awards-for-me.html

    Blessings,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog