Blog Awards!

Heather from The Blessings Pour Out has blessed me with TWO awards. She writes, "I consider your cooking style very versatile, not to mention the fact that you are juggling multiple blogs for your homeschool! Very versatile and stylish!"
Thank you so much, Heather, for this honor.

Now, the rules for acceptance are:
Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (I did this!)
Share 7 things about yourself (see below).
Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered (see below).
Contact the selected bloggers and tell them about their awards.

Seven things about myself:
Well, since this is a food blog, I will tell you seven food-oriented things about myself:
1. My favorite type of food is Indian. I love curry.
2. My husband and older children have a little teatime every night after the little ones go to bed. We have a tea tray with the works, usually including sliced lemons and the like.
3. I learned to cook very early because my mother was a very inconsistent cook (she cooked a few good dishes and some really awful ones and didn't seem to notice the difference. I will never forget the time she served my husband-to-be "Jello Surprise"! The surprise turned out to be pieces of raw squash in the jello instead of fruit!
4. My favorite dessert is "Hard Jelly Cake" but  I don't make it much because it is so hard to make.
5. Chocolate Pecan Pie ranks a close second.
6. I am allergic to button mushrooms, but not Shitake or Portabello.
7. The thing I am going to miss the most when we move from Maryland is the seafood because my father was a waterman and we had a lot of seafood.

Now to Pass on BOTH AWARDS to Great Blogs I have found...
homeschooling and mothering
A Pondering Heart

Cooking and more!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! I'll get to picking out my own winners soon! I'm loving all of your recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for the awards. Sweet!
    I saw that you made the rocky road fudge at the holidays. Love that stuff! Thanks for reading my blog and for the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks for the blog award. Brings smiles over here.It's so fun to see what you have been making and like those Friday moments to see what's going over at your homeschooling blog. I will try soon to pass along the blog award.
    Thanks and as always enjoy the cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much for the wonderful blog award! You've made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! That's so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Phyllis,
    I noticed your comment on Glittering Shards Blog. So I visited your houshold blog and there is a lot to discover! I like it. But as I am a duch "housewife" (70) I do not quite understand what <> means. I didn't do any special thing!
    Greeting
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now I see I had to read better what it is about all. Meanwhile I became a follower
    Greeting
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ! i am sooo sorry -- about being so late to say Thank you for including me ! What a lovely thing for you to do .... i really appreciate it ! Your blog is lovely and inspired ! light and peace to you ....

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog