Friday's Flowers: Black-Eyed Susans

This Friday's bouquet is a mixture of Black-Eyed Susans, Rose of Sharon, miniature Zinnias and Lemon Balm.

The Black-eyed Susan,

sometimes thought of as a weed, sometimes as a wildflower and sometimes a garden flower, is Maryland's state flower. It tends to take over a flower garden, spreading very quickly, so it can be a great groundcover. It is drought resistant. Herbalists use it for various symptoms from sores and swellings to earaches. In cut flower vases it last about 5 days.

Join us at FIMBY with pictures of your cut flowers.

3 comments:

  1. The black eyed susan is my "official" icon (you'll see it in your url bar for example when you visit FIMBY). Anyway, I personally do not consider it a weed! And if so, it's one of the prettiest weeds I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black eyed susan are so pretty!I wonder in what form they are used in for earaches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juice from the roots...but I have never tried it myself.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Please leave a comment if you try something. I would love to hear what you think.

Thank You!

Top 10 Homeschool Homemaking and Recipe Blogs

Best Homemaking and Recipes Blog